2009-06-12

ART/VECTOR TRACE: Paulina Is Pretty

On February 10th, LLtoon showed me this screencap from the Danny Phantom episode "Lucky in Love":


My first reaction was "fxfbltrppht".

My second reaction, however, was to create a quick pin-up directly based on the pic. This time I consciously decided to trace most of Paulina's body from the pic, although I decided to flip her face horizontally, slightly exaggerated her curves and made her clothes more revealing. I completed the pic in a few days and then proceeded to make an alternative nude version. A few days ago I returned for the pic and decidedly made a third alternative version depicting Paulina in her one-piece swimsuit.


The title is play on words "Pretty Paulina", which is the name of an erotic Danny Phantom fan comic by DarkDP.

This pic and its alternative versions were supposed to be part of exclusive art included in an art bundle which I essentially aborted to be able to concentrate on commissions. I have only showed it to a handful WWOEC members before and I asked them not to publish it or pass it on to others, so it should be new to most of you. However, the pic I originally premiered was in a much lower resolution as it wasn't really inteded for the public.

I hope you like it!


EDIT (the next day): I've reuploaded all three versions of the Paulina pin-up. I made the change suggested by GemLord into the swimsuit version of the pic, plus I cleaned up some "dirt" (accidental pixels) from the other two variants. I was tempted to start creating even more alternative versions of the pic but I had to restrain myself from doing so, otherwise I'd once again be stuck fucking around with one pic for an indefinite period of time. Maybe later this year...

13 comments:

CC said...

HOLY BLEEP! This is awesome DLT! I love Paulina, she's probably my favorite human female from the show, and you've really improved on her style. Awesome work! Would I be correct in guessing that the fancomic you're refering to is by DarkDP?

LLToon said...

ARGH! What did you do to your blog layout?

I drop by and BAM! complete whiteness.

Mein eyez... .___.


PS. Hartman still draws perspective that makes no sense.

Whiney McWhinerson said...

Change of plans

>14-Bis started releasing these .ZIP files with his and a guest artist's pics.
>I laid out some plans of releasing an art archive of my own.
>Unlike 14-Bis', it would've been free of charge.
>I realize that it's probably something that doesn't interest people very much.
Angry_Dad.jpg

Trolling blog readers I see, how big is this total project? Will this include all of your total art compressed into separate files, multiple RapidShares released over time, or one epic download?

About commissions

>I actually took some commissions
>Right now I have about 8-10 orders
Ouch, goodluck with those. Out of those orders, how many are going to remain private?

DLT Special #3: Paulina Is Pretty

For as cheesy as it may sound, I think the clothed version stands out as the best one, by far. The one piece covers too much and the nude version leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination.

The new site layout

The lack of spacers and frames causes the eye to skip to the next paragraph it sees. With a text intensive page there is a lot for the eye to take in all at once, resulting in retinal bleeding.

dlt said...

Heh, looks like the new layout has scared some of you. This is probably not the final one, but I'd certainly like to try something brighter for a change.

Trolling blog readers I see, how big is this total project? Will this include all of your total art compressed into separate files, multiple RapidShares released over time, or one epic download?

I'm not trolling, lol. I mean, had I decided to release it next week, it would've been about 97% old content with the exclusive pics added as an incentive to get people to d/l it. However, I feel that I have postponed my commissions way too long as I originally thought I'd be able to draw them around April/May. After I'm finished with them, I might return to the archive project and finish it up in case people are interested about it.

Ouch, goodluck with those. Out of those orders, how many are going to remain private?

NONE! I made it specifically clear that I refuse to draw any private commissions. You're going to see each and every one of these pics. I don't really know why someone would like to keep their commissions as private material.

For as cheesy as it may sound, I think the clothed version stands out as the best one, by far. The one piece covers too much and the nude version leaves absolutely nothing to the imagination.

I agree, although I like the swimsuit version too.

dlt said...

Oh, forgot to mention... I didn't really calculate the overall size of the archive but seeing that it would feature my stuff in lossless format, I suppose it'd be rather large packet... especially with pics like the original working res (HUEG) version of my first Desirée pic and high-res releases of #20 (which are currently hosted at Vulomedia).

I'd probably host it at Megarotic or Megaporn or whatever that site is. I don't know, since I decided to put the project on hold before I could think about it.

Whiney McWhinerson said...

>I made it specifically clear that I refuse to draw any private commissions.
>it would've been about 97% old content with the exclusive pics added as an incentive to get people to d/l it.
Citizen_Kane_Clapping.gif

Incentive? FFFFFFF… I honestly wish most artists would release high quality versions of 97% of their online art in a convenient compressed file or torrent.

dlt said...

Incentive? FFFFFFF… I honestly wish most artists would release high quality versions of 97% of their online art in a convenient compressed file or torrent.

I seriously hope you're not just a succesfull troll, because I don't see many people get bothered with a pic containing some artefacts.

ThunderFoxJT said...

Awesome pauline renders, heh-heh. Looking forward to see some more, anywho, I sure hope we coudl talk sometiem ,havent' heard fro myou about ym previous comments.

Whiney Still Samefagging said...

>I seriously hope you're not just a successful troll

Not trolling, it is hard finding artists who honestly want to share their artwork with fans for free. Artists creating incentives for fans to download their art never happens. That would be a first if you pulled that off. Just imagine [Big name artist] promoting a new art collection on DeviantArt and then releasing it for free to anyone who wanted it. That would be pretty awesome.

I like the current Burichan looking theme you are using at the moment.

GemLord said...

Damn good, boss. Might I suggest that you redo the inside line for Paulina's right breast on the swimwear version? Maybe change it so that the line tapers short like in the fully-clothed version, then reappears as cleavage above the neckline.

But aside from that, DAMN. Too hot.

dlt said...

Gemlord: yeah, that might work better. I still have a few days left before I start with my commissions so I could try to tweak the pic a bit more.

CC said...

You have made me a Paulina fan all over again! Thank you DLT!

dlt said...

>Would I be correct in guessing that the fancomic you're refering to is by DarkDP?

That's the one!