I should be sleeping but once again, I've stayed up reading fan fics and scribbling with MS Paint. I saw a Trixie Tang thread at 4chan's /co/ board and, thanks to it, was once again reminded about this great cartoon called The Fairly OddParents. Trixie's not my favourite girl from it, though (she's my second favourite). I go for Vicky. Not the scrawny one but the older, more voluptous one that seems to have a thing for Timmy instead of sadistically torturing him. Yeah, pretty much non-canon but what do I care?
Here's a little MS Paint sketch (vector traced with Adobe Illustrator), showing Vicky still willing to babysit Timmy who's now a teenager with a mullet (mullets rawk). Wanda isn't really happy about the situation since it's pretty obvious what the two are going to do once Mr. and Mrs. Turner leave the house...
dlt out.
EDIT: Just noticed that Vicky's left foot looks like it's her right, with the bulge on the wrong side. This is caused by the damn tracing creating bumps in the wrong places. Similar effect (but not so noticeable) can be seen on Wanda's belly which isn't supposed to look like she's gained weight. Damn!
EDIT #2: Fixed!
12 comments:
Yeah this show has always had it's ups and downs, but there really wasn't anything that made it bad other then the off writter here and there. Still this is a show of joy that has many characters that make fanart like this a even bigger love then there should be. Anyway I really like the picture it's something that even the creator didn't do, which was to give her bigger breasts and hips, but it really matters the episode.
Vector trace in Illustrator? I don't even know what that is O_o
TEACH ME!
custom coaster: actually they did, in Channel Chasers where we saw how Vicky looks when she matures from 16 to 18. They gave her a bigger bust and very visible hips, looked very good.
Levelord: sarcasm? :P
Nice!
A lot of people, including myself, do think there is some underlying sexual tension between Timmy and Vicky on the show despite the age difference. There is one instance where Timmy was actually jealous when Vicky was vying for the attention of that English forgein student and let's not forget her total infatuation for Timmy's 16 year old alter ego, "Gah!". :)
If Vicky wasn't so mean and immature, I'd dare say she'd glomp the twerp and he'd love it had they been around the same age. Of course, Hartman and Nick wouldn't allow that or no show would exist. Too bad. :)
Anyway, love the work you did, DLT. You did Vicky very nicely. Love her growing body. :D
dlt: I know I saw that episode, movie, thing, lol, her bust didn't seem to change that much it's really something that your drawing proformed better then what Butch Hartman did. If you read my blog I do this a lot say things in my head and forget to write it down. I wanted to imply that episode, but I went too small, lol. And I'm not sure, but he maybe for real about the trace it's a tool that takes time to handle, hahahaaha... hand.
Actually, no. It's not sarcasm, I really don't know squat in Illustrator. That's why I'm always stuck using Photoshop.
It seems all the best art I've seen comes from Illustrator so I wanted someone to teach me how to use it :P
Well, TBH that's pretty much all I know about Illustrator, using the automatic vector trace feature that is. I always thought all your art was done with illustrator, the lines look way too smooth to be done in rasterized layers, they look like vectors to me.
Say, you don't happen to use a graphics tablet, do you? :P
Nah, all of my art is done in Photoshop with a mouse. I don't have a tablet unfortunately :/
I'll probably get a tablet if I want to have some sort of soft shading painting like 14-Bis, but for now, I haven't treated myself to one.
Wow, I didn't expect that. How the heck can you then draw such fine curves? They look like they're either vectored or done with a tablet. YOU'll need to teach ME, not the other way :P
I'm currently searching for a job and when I find one I'll start saving for a Cintiq. I'm still short of about $ 2000 so I guess it'll be a while before I get one :P
I think we both know that I use the pen tool in Photoshop. It's no mystery.
I on the other hand, have no clue how to even use Illustrator. I have no idea what any of the tools are for.
Nope, didn't know about that. I use the line tool. Yes, that's right *embarrased* I have NO idea how to use the pen tool.
I must say, I like YOUR way of drawing Vicky alot more than how she appears in the show ;)
Post a Comment