2009-02-13

REFERENCE: Some reference pics

I have some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is that I'm currently sick and I'm unable to go to work. Of course, this probably means that I'll continue my job either on February 23rd or March 2nd for a few more weeks (which means that I can properly get back to drawing around mid-March).

The good news is, this means that I can spend my time drawing. I've done a bunch of sketches for this particularly large pic and I now have a pretty good idea of what I'm going to do with it. I'm currently sticking to my original plan to have three of Danny's female ghost enemies there, plus Sam, although I may add more ghost girls if I'm able to fit them there. TBH, I actually started drawing the the first draft of the pic two weeks ago but the results didn't really please me that much as the pic had some really awful proportion problems and wonky perspective issues.

Anyway, I'm currently browsing thru Danny Phantom episodes to look for scenes where I can see Danny close to some of the ghost chicks so that I'm able to view their height differences and compare their body proportions, like the sizes of their heads and so on. Of course, as Sam and Tucker are of the same exact height with Danny, I can also use shots where they are seen with the ghosts instead of Danny. I'll be posting such caps and collages under this post in case you guys need to have something like that in the future too.

Currently there's just a few of them but I might upload some more later on.

NOTE: The crude Desirée collage is something I put together as early as 2007 when I was still doing practicing as I felt my art was still too sub-standard for publishing. I eventually used it again when I drew the infamous "Desirable" pic. Yes, I actually used a Wagner pic for reference. Suck on that, /co/.

Also, watching the show again has surfaced some hilarious QUALITY moments, such as this one from the episode Beauty Marked.


Desirée the Ghost Genie:


Penelope Spectra, Mk. II:


Dora the Dragon Ghost:


...and as an added bonus, some rare close-ups on how women's feet look like in Danny Phantom's art style:

The last one reminds me of Die Hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy oh boy do I did that Egyptian look in the first picture. HAWT!

hasu13 said...

Damn...Desiree really does push Maddie into second place when it comes to breast size. I knew they were big, but I guess I wasn't paying that much attention to her.

Anonymous said...

Sexy!