2012-08-18
COMMISSION: Summer 'Dew
Commission for JaviDLuffy. This is the first time I've drawn Agent Honeydew. The summer dress here is based on this design. At one point I suggested merging it with this '50s style polka dot dress I saw in an episode of Miami Vice but when I couldn't make it to look right I dropped the idea. Special thanks goes to ManiacalCarrot for suggesting a background setting to go with the image and giving me advice regarding wind direction.
Despite being a big fan of Dexter's Laboratory I never really paid much attention to this character, opting to doodle characters like Dexter's Mom and Dee Dee instead. I liked her design a lot and I also enjoyed some of the rather dubious jokes they made about her relationship with Monkey but I was never really a fan of the 'Dial M for Monkey' segments they did; I wanted to see more of Dexter's wacky adventures! I guess the creators figured this out as well since both 'Dial M for Monkey' and 'The Justice Friends' were toned down to almost nothingness for the show's second season.
Nevertheless, Honeydew is a beauty and I'm glad to have finally honoured her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Btw what are your commission rates?
Post a Comment