2018-09-16

ART: High-cutting It Close


My entry for delta0shadow's Swimsuit Art Jam on deviantART.

This is my first picture since fucking March this year. In my defense, I've gone through health problems, multiple art blocks, a staggering heatwave with a partially broken A/C unit, the attempt of finally compiling and releasing the infamous Art Archive (which I did, back in August) and various IRL things I wish not to disclose here. Drawing this one took place over the course of 2½ weeks, most of which was spent on crafting one utterly failed pencil sketch after another – in the end, I said "fuck it" and migrated to my Intuos, and I finally began seeing results. I can still find several problems in it, but unfortunately I do have a somewhat busy week ahead of me, so I must release the pic now or else wait for another two weeks for it... and I do want to have it featured.

The main reason I created this image was to get over the latest art block, as I usually do not have time to commit to art jams as much as I would like. Granted, delta0shadow's choice of theme was very alluring, and it did provide an opportunity for a more straightforward-yet-effective piece instead of something elaborate. The background elements are mostly based on the visuals from The Jungle Movie while Olga's design is the one seen in the original show. I played around with a variety of different swimwear before settling down on a classic high-cut one-piece. I mean, why not just go for something simple for a change?

Enjoy.

3 comments:

pablo said...

amazing!

your artwork is still strong, thank you so much!!!!

Chris said...

Do you do commissions? Also, is your DA account still around?

dlt said...

Thanks for the comments. No, I'm not currently doing commissions. I'm still working through several that I accepted over two years ago. I'm right now in a position where I don't have much time for my art and it's about to get even more difficult, at least for some time. I have managed to squeeze out one of the commissions and I also finished a mostly completed pic I had scrapped back in '11 during a brief time where I could focus on drawing again, so those will be coming out soon here and also on Paheal where you get to see them in higher resolution. After that, I'll try to hammer out the remaining three pics though it'll likely take a long time before those are fully completed.