2023-09-10

ART: Olga Hits Rock Bottom


A while ago, probably in late March this year if my memory serves me right, those of you who still frequent to 4chan and specifically its /co/ board may remember when the "mini-pitch bible" for the shelved Hey Arnold! continuation/spinoff, The Patakis, was leaked. Unless I am mistaken, this was the first time we got to see and read detailed information about the show beyond Arnold having left the city and Helga being a teenager, as well as the show being "darker" and "more mature" with its themes. Included were character bios for all of the Patakis as well as some additional information about what some of the episodes would've entailed, but for me the biggest attraction was learning about Helga's big sister, Olga. Considering that the vast majority of the few HA! pieces that I've released have centered around her, it's quite obvious which one of the female characters in the show is my favorite to draw.

I will say that overall, I am not a fan of the more serious, Arnold-less direction that The Patakis would've taken and I'm also not too big on Olga's predicament as being essentially a "failure". Having said that, I do suppose the creators thought of that as a nice way to get her back to living with Bob and Miriam and also create more fodder for episodes that could, for instance, deal with her trying to succeed in her new career choice, not to mention further develop what started out as a very strained, if only in a one-sided manner, relationship with Helga.

Anyway, the show didn't happen, but thanks to the leak, we got to see Olga in her new, slutty outfit, complete with high-heeled boots, a mini skirt and a tank top with spaghetti straps. The subject matter of Olga's new interest in acting also made for the most obvious porn parody theme: the casting couch.

The alternative versions feature a version of her without nudity (but with an added panty shot), as well as variants with and without cum.


As usual, you can find HQ versions of these on both Paheal (nude with cum, nude without cum) as well as on the increasingly shittier deviantART (clothed without cum; this one lacks the dialogue/reference to the producer due to dA's recent rule changes likely forced upon them by whatever tyrannical payment processor they are using). As for the clothed pic with cum, you need to wait for the Art Archive update, which hopefully should go up before the 18th of this month.

FUN FACT: the work on this pic started immediately after the mini-pitch bible was leaked, but wasn't finished until around early June, which is about two and a half months later (so yeah, this was started before the Frankie pic from May). I then ended up sitting on it for an additional three months as I got occupied with IRL stuff as I mostly do these days. Good thing, too, because I was able to spot one big mistake in it and fix it before the release.

4 comments:

DARQ said...

Sorry to bother you on an old subject, you have a link to the said bible to this canceled series?
And was there an explanation as to why it didn't get the green light?
Last I heard was that the creator was still pitching it to Nick or Netflix?

dlt said...

The 'Hey Arnold!' Wiki claims Nick turned it down because it was "too dark," while MTV said no because it was "too close" to 'Daria'. Personally, I'm glad it never got made because I wasn't too big of a fan of some of the choices they had made for it, such as Arnold having moved away.

Looks like the PDF has been extracted/scanned into images that you can find on the afore-mentioned wiki:
https://heyarnold.fandom.com/wiki/The_Patakis

DARQ said...

I'm soo sorry for the slow response ๐ŸŒ.
Thanks for the info, and I agree that removing Arnold would have been a mistake, like having a Spider-Man movie, without Peter Parker.
Helga and Olga could've still be focused on and both girls grow in character and still go slightly darker or in jokes where adults can catch while kids can still enjoy?

DARQ said...

Also, what if there was a plot where Helga was able to help Olga from porn star to soap opera actress to star?
I'll shut up now, glad your still healthy and safe.
From a fan, take care my dude.๐Ÿ‘‹