2009-09-10

SCRAPS: MLaaVND Commission #1b - June (XJ-8)

Another one for tonight:


Meet June, the newest addition to XJ Series! She's in the original My Life as a Von Neumann Device, although her role will be much more prominent in the upcoming sequel. It will also explain why she's wearing a rather familiar-looking beanie.

Toonspew wanted me to try out an alternative design for the originally hulking Model 8 and suggested that I try out something in the vein of "ax-crazy loli".

Note that the visible "shine lines" are actually just rough placeholders, indicating the position and type of shine (think Silver Shell from the original series, the shining here is meant to be somewhat similar).

This marks the very first time I've actually illustrated an OC by someone else than me. Yup, exactly.

3 comments:

Huh said...

Awesome as always. It might be the combination of the hat and those eyes, but there's something about her...something that screams "Oh-So-Adorable" yet slightly "Why-Are-You-Looking-At-Me-Like-That".

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures and all, but, uh, are you gonna do any...y'know...um, 'adult' pictures based on the fan fic, or are they gonna all just be drawings like these? Not that I'm complaining, it's just what I was expecting...

dlt said...

There's a bunch of adult pics coming too, based on the first fic. However, I'll be doing other commissions before them (pin-ups/hardcore).