2008-06-27

ART: His Birthday Blows


My fourth piece. I wasn't exactly happy about the way it turned. I'm also bothered that this might give the wrong impression that I don't have any problems with depicting old geezers getting some. Mind you, this one's a rare exception as it's meant to be a joke.

The frustration with this image made me decide to put Kim Possible artwork on hiatus for a short time (AKA 'till very late this year).

Original description:


This is The Big (Blow)Job.

Well, it looks like in an alternative universe poor Junior broke Shego out of prison and still couldn't figure out any highly valuable items to steal for his father as a birthday present. So he settled for a box of cigars and... well, you'll see. Again, feel free to skip the rest of the text since it only contains background info (and lots of unnecessary whine).

I first planned to do Shego jumping out of cake (a rather obvious choice, thanks to the actual dialogue), but then I got lazy and didn't want to draw a bigass cake. This was my next choice.

The actual time it took me to draw this with a pencil: four hours
The time it took me to clean the sketch and ink it in Photoshop (no tablets or anything): two weeks
The time it took me to colour it in Photoshop: three hours

Wait...
what?

Anyway, I still consider this a rush jub, since I'm already wanting to do another
Danny Phantom piece and I have a tendency to be unable to concentrate on a new drawing if there's another one still unfinished. I'll let this to be my excuse for the El Cheapo background and smoke effects :S I also planned to put some saliva dripping from Shego's mouth but I really couldn't figure out how to draw it! So there's no need for a "clean" version because there is only the clean version! Damn.

I used to model Shego after character sheets. That's why her eyes are so weird: I based them on a look that was in one of the sheets. I planned to do an alternative version with more familiar eyes but again I got lazy. I guess I won't be doing pictures as complicated as this one until I figure out a faster way of cleaning/inking my sketches in Photoshop without a graphics tablet.

The lines turned out way too thick because my mind was already on
Danny Phantom :P also, this is actually the first time I've drawn Kim.


- dlt, March 24th, 2008, 08:08 AM


 "I've seen some shit..."

No comments: